The Roundtable Discussions covered a variety of hot industry topics and featured experts with knowledge specific to the subject matter being analyzed. Live Q&As and chat features will be available for attendees to join the virtual discussion, have valuable conversations and form useful connections.
Discussions are available for on-demand viewing for the duration of the event.
2020 Roundtable Discussions
- Designated experts will describe their experience with maintaining oil and gas leases when wells are shut-in.
- Experts will describe their experience using the following lease clauses to maintain the lease in absence of production:
- Force Majeure
- Shut-in Royalty Clause
- Cessation of Production
- Habendum Clause
- How governmental orders provide relief to operators, including:
- Oklahoma: Emergency Order 710884
- Federal Onshore Leases
- Federal Offshore Leases
- For Non-Operators: How can non-operators confirm that their non-operated leases are being properly maintained when shut-in?
- Preparing for Challenges by Lessors
- How do you address curtailment of production with Lessors?
- In lieu of Lease Savings Options do you seek an amendment from Lessor?
- Other common issues to expect.
- Longer-term considerations: How will companies adapt if low prices or lack of market condition persist?
- Bidding procedures
- Stalking horse bidders
- Timing issues
- Other issues buyers should know
- Mergers and acquisition considerations in the current price environment
- Demand destruction and contractual response mechanisms
- Hedging strategies and requirements; and, transactions involving bankruptcies
- Considerations involving perpetuating the oil and gas lease in this price environment