NAPE Summit announces 2020 Global Business Conference speaker lineup and schedule
NAPE Summit announced today the speakers and schedule for the 2020 NAPE Global Business Conference taking place Feb. 5, 2020, as part of NAPE Summit Week in Houston. The NAPE Global Business Conference will feature keynote speaker Matt Gallagher, president and CEO of Parsley Energy, who will discuss revolutionary shale drilling in his presentation titled “A Shale New Deal: Resilience and a Green Future.”
“The 2020 NAPE Global Business Conference will provide attendees exclusive insights into key trends, predictions and challenges, covering both domestic topics, such as the North American horizontal drilling industry, and international topics, like the emerging world LNG markets,” said John Lodge, chairman of the NAPE Operators Committee. “This event brings together an outstanding group of experienced professionals and industry leaders from across the globe to have meaningful conversations about where our industry is today and where it is headed tomorrow.”
Offering attendees additional networking time and industry insights before the expo doors open, the NAPE Global Business Conference will feature the following speakers and presentations:
- “The Myopia of a Carbon-Only Lens” presented by Dr. Scott W. Tinker, director of the Bureau of Economic Geology at The University of Texas at Austin
- “Trends in the North American Frac Industry” presented by Leen Weijers, vice president of engineering at Liberty Oilfield Services
- “Data and Where It Is Going” panel discussion moderated by Jim Wicklund, managing director at Stephens, Inc. with panelists Zane Arrott, COO of RSP and Rising Star Energy; Nate Clark, principal at Deloitte Consulting LLP; and Evan Anderson, co-founder and CEO of Oseberg
- “Beyond the Wellhead — The Missing Links” panel discussion moderated by A. Chris Aulds, partner at Pearl Energy Investments, with panelists Tom Lloyd, director of marketing and midstream at Marathon Oil; Brian Frederick, president of asset operations at DCP Midstream; and Jim Finley, CEO and owner of Finley Resources
- “Emerging World LNG Markets: Forecast & Prognostication” presented by J. Corey Grindal, senior vice president of supply at Cheniere Energy
- “A&D Update” presented by Maynard Holt, CEO of Tudor Pickering Holt & Co.
NAPE Summit Week will also include the annual NAPE Summit Charities Luncheon with U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations (2017-2019) Nikki Haley, as keynote speaker; educational seminars presented by industry organizations AAPL, AAPG, IPAA, SEG and AIPN; domestic and international NAPE Theaters running two days of Prospect Previews and Capital and Service Provider Previews; and a Government Affairs Session featuring David Porter, former Texas railroad commissioner and chairman.
In addition, several networking opportunities will be available for exhibitors and attendees, including Connections & Conversations featuring Women in Energy; a Job Fair for prospective employers and employees; the annual Icebreaker; and a two-day expo spread across more than 433,000 square feet of exhibition space. The expo will conclude with a Summit Sweepstakes Drawing for a 2020 Ford Mustang.