NEW SUMMIT SAFETY PROCEDURES
Those attending in person will find safety protocols based on the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the city of Houston and the George R. Brown Convention Center.
- Modified expo floor plan: The 2021 NAPE trade show floor will feature separation between each exhibitor
- Social distancing protocols: NAPE Summit will adhere to social distancing requirements in all aspects of the event. All queuing will allow for of physical distancing, and food and beverage event seating will be set up to accommodate distancing.
- PPE requirements: Face coverings will be optional for all events. NAPE will provide face masks for attendees, exhibitors, staff, contractors and anyone who requests one during the expo. NAPE encourages use of masks for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Safety signage/announcements: Signage will provide reminders regarding masks, health checks, social distancing, hand-washing and other safety measures.
While rolling out the red carpet for NAPE-goers, the George R. Brown Convention Center will be adhering to new safety measures implemented since the coronavirus pandemic began. Following are some of the highlights:
- Touchless technologies including sliding doors at all entry points, light switch sensors in conference rooms, permanent door stops, water fountains, paper towel and soap dispensers, and payment options
- Updated cleaning and disinfection measures throughout the facility with a focus on increasing frequency of disinfection in high-traffic areas and commonly touched points
- Updated sanitizer dispensers with ION Pure plastic with antibacterial agents
- UV disinfection technology on all escalator handrails
- Upgraded Merv13 filters throughout the facility
- Sneeze guards for food and beverage operations
- COVID-19 signage for social distancing and cleanliness, rope and stanchions for queuing, etc.
- Elevators are restricted to no more than two people at a time prioritizing ADA accessibility
- Meeting rooms cleaned with an electrostatic spray disinfection system at the end of each day
- Three mobile coronavirus-killing air purifiers developed by Integrated Viral Protection (ivpair.com)
Houston’s hospitality, sports, entertainment and transportation industries have taken the following pledge: “We pledge to maintain the highest standards of public safety and health across our city, both for our community and all of our visiting guests. We pledge to research, curate and implement the most medically effective sanitation and social distancing measures available for the health of our patrons. Finally, we pledge to present clear, consistent and timely operating guidelines and procedures in a way that promotes efficient communication.”
For more information on Houston safety precautions, visit grbhouston.com/covid-19 and houstonclean.com.