NAPE WEEK SAFETY
As you enjoy receptions surrounding NAPE Week, please be mindful of your surroundings. We encourage you never to leave personal belongings, food or drinks unattended for your safety. If you witness suspicious activity, please notify the nearest Houston Police Department officer, security guard or NAPE staff member.
GRB GUIDELINES & FACILITY ENHANCEMENTS
Those attending in person will find safety protocols based on the latest recommendations from NAPE’s longtime host — the George R. Brown Convention Center.
- PPE: Face masks will be optional for all NAPE attendees. NAPE will provide face masks for attendees, exhibitors, staff, contractors and anyone who requests one during the expo. NAPE encourages use of masks for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Safety signage/announcements: Signage will provide reminders regarding masks, health checks, social distancing, hand-washing and other safety measures.
The George R. Brown Convention Center implemented numerous new safety measures since the coronavirus pandemic began, including:
- Touchless technologies including sliding doors at all entry points, light switch sensors in conference rooms, permanent door stops, water fountains, paper towel and soap dispensers, and payment options
- Updated cleaning and disinfection measures throughout the facility with a focus on increasing frequency of disinfection in high-traffic areas and commonly touched points
- Updated sanitizer dispensers with ION Pure plastic with antibacterial agents
- UV disinfection technology on all escalator handrails
- Upgraded Merv13 filters throughout the facility
- Sneeze guards for food and beverage operations
- COVID-19 signage for social distancing and cleanliness, rope and stanchions for queuing, etc.
- Elevators are restricted to no more than two people at a time prioritizing ADA accessibility
- Meeting rooms cleaned with an electrostatic spray disinfection system at the end of each day
- Three mobile coronavirus-killing air purifiers developed by Integrated Viral Protection (ivpair.com)
Houston’s hospitality, sports, entertainment and transportation industries have taken the following pledge: “We pledge to maintain the highest standards of public safety and health across our city, both for our community and all of our visiting guests. We pledge to research, curate and implement the most medically effective sanitation and social distancing measures available for the health of our patrons. Finally, we pledge to present clear, consistent and timely operating guidelines and procedures in a way that promotes efficient communication.”
For more information on Houston safety precautions, visit grbhouston.com/covid-19 and houstonclean.com.